Are there small flies hovering around in your house? Don’t feel bad.. A teaspoon of moisture is all you need for an infestation.
Some of the most common small flies you will encounter are:
- Fruit Flies
- Phorid Flies
- Drain/Moth Flies
- Fungus Gnats
The following are steps you can take in lowering the population:
- Keep garbage cans and drains clean
- Wipe counters clean after every use
- Place produce in the refrigerator as much as possible
- Keep doors that lead to the outside of the house closed
- Keep windows closed – unless there are good screens on them
- Avoid over-watering potted plants
- Clean up debris from fruit trees, and the like, around the home
- Clean out gunk build-up under appliances on a regular basis
Small flies are difficult to deal with, at times, but these steps, along with our treatments, will insure that the population doesn’t get out of hand.