It is common for homeowners to believe that pest control is only necessary during the warmer months, but this isn’t true. During the colder months it is common to see more pest inside of your home compared to outside of your home. The simple truth is that the creatures are attempting to stay warm so they will find any path possible into your home. Winter pest control services are important to make sure that your home is properly sealed in order to keep out pest during the winter months.
There are a variety of different pests that are active during the winter months such as rodents, spiders, carpenter ants, flies, and other bugs. You may think that pests are gone during the winter time but they are actually still multiplying, feeding, and growing. This makes it vital that you continue your pest control services even during the winter months.
Reasons To Continue Pest Control In The Winter
- Rodents will feel a difference in temperature and will do anything in their power to get inside. If you don’t have a professional inspect your home for any possible entry points it is possible that they will get inside. Rodents are known for their ability to find even the smallest entry points into homes in order to stay warm during winter.
- Colder weather can lead to an increased amount of pests inside the walls of your home. It is common for pests such as rodents and small pests to find a way into the walls of your home as the insulation provides them with a warm home. The walls will provide them with protection but it typically results in them getting stuck within the walls. If a rodent gets stuck in your wall it is possible that they can chew on electrical wires or other important components but they will likely begin to smell if they get stuck. It is important that all entry points to the home or into the walls of the home are closed off.
- When pests invade your home during the winter months it can easily lead to an even worse spring. Typically pests are slower during the winter months but they will begin to increase their spreading during the warmer months. This means that if your home is invaded during the winter they will already be in your home to wreck havoc during the warmer months. It is incredibly important to reach out to our pest control professionals to protect your home from unwanted pests.
Tips For Keeping Pests Out During The Winter
It is important to stay dedicated to pest control even during the winter months in order to properly protect your home. If you don’t pay attention to your pest control services then it can lead to a pest invasion as well as more trouble during the spring season. Below are a few tips to help protect your home from pests during the cold months.
- Have a professional inspect you home for entry points and holes in your home that rodents and other pests can enter through. It is important to have a complete analysis to keep your home safe from unwanted guests. Sealing cracks and holes in your home can block even the most determined pests from entering.
- If you have a basement it is important to monitor the health if your foundation and sealing as the basement is typically the easiest point of entry for rodents. It is important to have a professional analyze the entire perimeter of your home.
- Make sure that your home is free from unnecessary moisture from your home. A leaking pipe, sink, drain, or toilet can lead to added moisture and water that will drastically increase the likelihood for a cockroach infestations.
- Windows and doors are commonly used as entry points for pests because they can be difficult to seal. Our pest control professionals recommend that you invest in sweeps for all of your doors to better seal the crack under your door. When it comes to windows we recommend that you make sure that all of your windows have complete screens on them. Window screens will protect your home from pests.
If you believe that your home has been infested by unwanted pests, or would like to protect your home from pests during the winter months, please reach out to our trained professionals. Call our pest control professionals at (919) 231-3292