Cockroaches have been in existence for millions of years and are able to adapt to almost any environment and survive even the most adverse conditions. They’re a hardy species, which would be admirable if they didn’t spread disease and infest homes almost overnight. That’s why it’s so important to act fast and call a professional for cockroach extermination in Morrisville if you see them. Trying DIY methods and storebought bait just can’t work against an infestation of thousands of roaches.
What Causes Cockroach Infestations?
Cockroaches can live in a variety of conditions, and often, an infestation begins when someone brings home a box or item that has eggs or a few roaches inside. They are attracted to trash, food, and dirty dishes, which is why we always think of dirty homes being prime spots for cockroach infestations. However, they also thrive in damp areas as well as make nests in boxes or stacks of paper, so your basement, under the sink, electrical area, and crawl space are all prime locations for roaches.
Types of Cockroaches in Morrisville
Cockroaches come in all different sizes, shapes and colors. By properly identifying which species is invading your home, Stomp Pest Control can better take specific control measures to effectively treat the infestation.
Identifying the American Cockroach
- Size: 1-3″
- Reddish-brown with a yellow band outline behind the head.
- Large common-cockroach species commonly referred to as a “water bug” or “palmetto bug.”
- Prefer to live outside in habitats that offer plenty of food and water, however, they will occasionally find their way into structures.
- Preventative measures include good sanitation control, debris removal in the yard (including leaves that have fallen) also, cracks and crevices repair and reseal to limit access.
- They are attracted to light at night, so keeping outside lights off will assist in not attracting them towards the home.
Smoky Brown Cockroach
Identifying the Smoky Brown Cockroach
- Size: 1 ¼-2″
- Mahogany brown in color.
- Slightly smaller than the American Cockroach and typically found outside.
- Excellent flier that easily travels from tree to tree.
- Can be attracted to a structure with subpar sanitation measures, if found inside, it is typically found in attics and crawl spaces.
- Proper ventilation of attic and crawl spaces will help to keep them out as they prefer higher humidity; cracks and crevices may also need to be repaired and resealed.
- Baits work well as they scavenge for food.
Identifying German Cockroaches
- Size: ½-1″
- Tan to black in color with two nearly parallel bands that run from the back of the head to the base of the wings.
- Like most roaches, they will eat just about anything. Commonly found indoors around kitchen and bathrooms; prefer tight-fitting spaces to hide in.
- Reproduce rapidly in large numbers.
- Keeping kitchen and baths wiped dry and clean along with proper sanitation measures is best practice to keep them out of the home.
- Once infestation occurs in the home, professional measures are often needed to get the population under control thresholds.
Brown Banded Cockroach
Identifying Brown Banded Cockroaches
- Size: ½-?”
- Light gold to glossy dark brown in color with yellow bands across base of wings and abdomen.
- More likely to be found in homes, apartments, hospitals, nursing homes than restaurants and grocery stores.
- Have lower water requirements than other roaches and they prefer starchy foods.
- Treating cracks and crevices is best practice for control measures.
Pest Control Extermination Services
It’s important to seek immediate professional assistance in treating a cockroach infestation in your home. Grocery store sprays, traps, and poisons don’t offer a comprehensive coverage area, and if you’ve seen a few roaches, you may have an infestation on your hands which can be hazardous to your health. Not only do cockroaches carry a wide range of diseases, they shed or molt their skin which, in larger quantities, can trigger respiratory distress and allergy symptoms.
At Stomp, we offer thorough extermination services to get rid of the problem, and our regular pest control packages make sure they stay gone. With years of extermination experience under our belts, we know exactly how to tackle the problem and safeguard your home against future threats from pests. As part of ‘The Stomp Difference“, we take the time to educate customers and our community members by providing them with important information, helping them keep their homes pest-free!
Contact Stomp Pest Control for Cockroach Removal Today!
Contact Stomp Pest Control in Morrisville today for a free quote on removal services. We have an extensive background in pest control and won’t finish the job until we have your 100% satisfaction! Call us at (919) 231-3292 to rid your home or business of cockroaches and other invasive insects.